Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hey! National Moth Week is Coming Up

What do you mean you never heard of it? It's next week! The project is considered a "citizen science project" so go check out their website here and help out, if you can. 

To celebrate, I'll post some of my recent moth shots for which we can thank the porch light!

First, one of my favorites, the lovely rose moth, (Dryocampa rubicunda).
Rose Moth by Cozytailmom on deviantART



Crazy green owlet on a screen (Leuconycta)


Green Owlet on the Green Screen by Cozytailmom on deviantART



Handsome banded tussock (Halysidota tessellaris)


Banded Tussock at the Front Door by Cozytailmom on deviantART


Another view of this sharp dressed moth that I was unable to add to the deviant page for some bizarre reason. Humph



Have I got more? Heck yes!

How do you like this giant leopard moth? (
Hypercompe scribonia)

Giant Leopard Moth by Cozytailmom on deviantART



...and lastly ( for now.. ) one of my favorites of the summer so far, the clymene moth (Haploa clymene).


Clymene Moth by Cozytailmom on deviantART


I'll certainly post more moths in the next week, but first you can expect a CRAZY beetle blog. I mean, a knock your socks off and don't step on THAT thing kinda post.

All photos by me.

No comments: